COME JOIN OUR AWARD WINNING COMPETITION TEAM
AUDITION DATE: SATURDAY JUNE 19TH
13 & UP
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SIGN UP FOR AUDITIONS PLEASE EMAIL: COMPETITION@MFDANCEUSA.COM
PARENT PHONE NUMBER
WHAT GENRE’S IS YOUR CHILD AUDITIONING FOR
HOW MANY YEARS DANCING & IF THEY ARE PRESENTLY A STUDENT AT THE STUDIO. IF NOT PLEASE INCLUDE IF THEY ARE COMPETEING AT THEIR PRESENT STUDIO FOR HOW LONG AND IF SO IN WHAT, INCLUDING SOLO/DUO/TRIO/GROUPS AND GENRE’S AND THE NAME OF THE PRESENT STUDIO.
ON DAY OF AUDITION:
COME 15 MIN EARLY
DRESSED ALL BLACK
BE PREPARED TO LEARN A COMBINATION AND IMPROV
*****ANYONE INTERESTED IN OUR MINI 5&6 TEAMS PLEASE EMAIL FOR ALTERNATIVE AUDITION INFO.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS & GENERAL COMPETITION INFORMATION
Attention Parents who are interested in having their child audition for our competition program.
We are very fortunate here to have quite a successful competition team here from ages 5 & up. I have had quite a few of you sending messages questioning the commitment. So we thought we would explain some things in detail. Hopefully this bit of information will help.
- If I audition for tap competition how many hours does that entail? Tap entry requirements=Comp tap class and either a jazz or HipHop (for upper body movement) / Jazz entry requirements=Comp Jazz class and a ballet class (Leaps & Turns are recommended but not mandatory) / HipHop entry requirements=Comp HipHop class and a second HipHop rec. HipHop class / Contemporary entry requirements=Comp Contemporary class and a ballet class.
- Can I take my comp tap class plus another? It is recommended & encouraged.
- Any entry level group will compete at 3 different competitions. Competition season starts in March.
- Comp fees range from $55-$70 per dance, per competition entered.
- The competition schedule is decided by November, as well as Nationals. They will be posted on our competition website.
- If a new group would like to join us for Nationals (which is driving distance) again is encouraged and recommended.
- As far as more hours, their choreography is done in class. They will be brought in on the weekend when it gets closer to competition for rehearsals.
- Costume prices? The only way it gets costly is if rhinestones are added to their costumes or if they are chosen for a specialty group.
Now for those that continue on the competition team and would like more when and if you are ready for more. Miss Michelle and Miss Ashley will discuss it with you.
**Summer classes are mandatory especially for those brand new to competition. We need to start breaking them in so we can get them prepared.